Donna M. Dean
Create graphics, write, edit, for print or online publication
Summary of Qualifications
- A graphic artist and writer combines creativity, technical expertise and practical experience to
capture business objectives with compelling visual communication and articulate written
- Broad spectrum of software skills transforms creative ideas into cohesive, useful product for print
or online publication.
- Working knowledge of color models, resolution, file size, and file format constraints enables
efficient Web and print production.
- Excellent drawing, design, typography and color theory skills are well-grounded in practical
- Business acumen drives independent project management to deliver superior product on
- Proven command of the English language applied to a variety of writing styles produces
- Interpersonal skills foster teamwork, trust, and enthusiasm.
Adobe Illustrator Adobe InDesign Trueflow CTP QuarkXpressProfessional History
Adobe Photoshop Microsoft Word Excel PowerPoint
Impact Innovations, Inc., Maynard, MN 12/2003-Present
Apple Computers, Cupertino, CA 2002/2002
- Create new designs and/or use existing artwork for large volume offset printing and some screen
printing. Utilize high-level proficiency primarily in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and
Quark Express. Finished products include vinyl window-wall cling decorations, point of purchase
advertising/signage, packaging and catalogs.
- Process artwork through prepress cycle. Deduct most efficient layout, considering registration,
dielines, trim marks, bleed, press and other issues.
- Produce color proof and communicate with customers, salespeople and press operators to
- Use Trueflow software to produce metal plate for printing press.
- Position requires design, drawing skills and color acuity, as well as proficient knowledge of four-
color processing, color models, spot colors, resolution issues, and trap.
Performed extensive edits and rewrites on policies and procedures manual.Hewlett-Packard, Mountain View, CA - Computer products and services 2000-2002
Writer, editor, graphic artist for customer-facing technical and marketing Website
Nortel Networks, Santa Clara, CA - Telecommunications 1998-2000
- Wrote, edited and proofread technical and marketing content received from various sources.
- Created and edited digital photography and vector-based art.
- Designed page layout, including color and graphics.
- Collaborated with director, internal partners and authors to screen, schedule and publish
- Final-proofed content to comply with corporate writing style and branding identity.
- Generated and edited html files.
Graphic artist - Information Products department
- Created graphics for highly technical manuals and user guides, both for print and online use.
- Produced complex digital line drawings and renderings of telephones and switching
equipment, employing perspective and exploded views.
- Designed, developed, and produced creative solutions for internal motivation, group identity,
- Persuaded management to purchase Adobe Photoshop software, scanner, and digital camera,
which upgraded publications with photography, and dramatically improved quality and
production time of line drawings.
- Established open, honest dialogue with writers, project managers, and engineers to define
requirements, and to present ideas and suggestions.
- Independently selected best tools and style to gear artwork toward intended message, audience,
Masters Institute, San Jose, CA
Certificate in Visual Communication (1997)
Eight-month program included intensive instruction and project assignments in Adobe
Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and QuarkXpress software, as well as in drawing and design.
DeAnza College, Cupertino, CA,
Art and general education
West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Art and music